David Riley, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA, CVA, CFE, CMA, CCA, CBA.
Serving the Legal and Business Communities for over 30 Years
David Riley is a leading consulting and testifying expert on financial matters. He has successfully assisted, judges, attorneys and clients for over 30 years with financial litigation support, valuations, fraud and accounting matters. Riley is a Partner at the CPA firm Axtell Haller & Slachta, LLC and leads the Firm’s Litigation/Valuation Services Group.
Previously, Riley held managing positions with two international “Big Five” (now “Big Four”) accounting firms, founded and was the Principle of Everest Capital, and was the Director of Litigation Services for a regional firm.
Riley is a national / international speaker and a frequently published author on a variety of litigation and valuation topics. He has been a national instructor of business valuation and financial principles for member accreditation through the American Society of Appraisers (ASA) and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). In addition, he has instructed accounting, finance and business law at the college level.
When not assisting in the courtroom, David is an avid pilot who loves flying to help clear his mind for the next case.
David Riley and his team look forward to assisting you with your next matter.
Expert analysis thoroughly and credibly prepared
Assist attorneys to develop exceptional strategies and arguments which
Lead to favorable outcomes for attorneys and their clients
Definitions of Credentials
David D. Riley, CPA/ABV/CFF, CFE, ASA, CVA, CMA, CCA, CBA is highly credentialled in the financial litigation, personal injury, valuation and fraud investigation arenas. Definitions of these credential are:
- CPA – Certified Public Accountant: An accountant certified by the Minnesota State Board of Accountancy (BOA) as having fulfilled the requirements of state law to be a public accountant (Riley is licensed in Minnesota).
- ABV – Accredited in Business Valuation: A professional designation awarded to a CPA who specializes in calculating the value of businesses. The ABV certification is overseen by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and requires candidates to complete an application process, pass an exam, meet minimum Business Experience and Education requirements, and pay a credential fee.
- CFF –Certified in Financial Forensics: A professional designation awarded to a CPA who specializes in forensic accounting. The designation is overseen by the American Insitute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). The CFF credential is granted exclusively to CPAs who demonstrate considerable expertise in forensic accounting through their knowledge, skills and experience.
- CFE – Certified Fraud Examiner: A professional credential awarded by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE). The CFE credential denotes proven expertise in fraud prevention, detection and deterrence. CFEs are trained to identify the warning signs and red flags that indicate evidence of fraud and fraud risk.
- ASA – Accredited Senior Appraiser: A professional accreditation awarded by the American Society of Appraisers. The ASA is recognized as having achieved the highest level of education, training, and report writing for business valuations.
- CVA – A professional designation awarded by the National Association of Valuation Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA). The CVA is awarded to business valuation professionals who hold a business degree, have sufficient work experience in business valuation, submit business and personal references and recommendations, and pass ta five-hour exam.
- CMA – Certified Management Accountant: A profession designation awarded by the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), The CMA is the globally recognized, advanced-level certificate awarded to accountants and financial professionals in business. CMA’s focus on business analysis and strategy, as well as corporate financial management.
- CCA – Certified Construction Auditor: A professional designation awarded by the National Association of Construction Auditors (NACA). The CCA designation focuses on accounting/auditing/consulting professionals whose primary experience is in the field of auditing and evaluating internal controls in the construction project environment.
- CBA – Certified Board Advisor: A professional designation awarded by the Center from Stratigic Business Integrity (CSBI), The CBA designation is a capstone certification clearly denoting that the holder is a proven leader with a commitment to taking personal responsibility for competent corporate governance and decision making.